Bless you, readers. Bleaders.

Friday, February 21, 2003

Mrs. Hargreaves is resting right now, and she musn't be disturbed!
Today (or possibly tomorrow, I'm not quite sure) I will be road trippin' it with Michael and Nathan to go visit Tommy at his college. Obviously these last few hours leading up to our scheduled departure seemed like the perfect time to alter my physical appearance as much as possible. I had mum whack off the unsettling mullet-esque expanse of hair that was lurking at the base of my neck (a misfortunate side effect of trying to grow out what was once a truly foxy 'do), and now I sort of resemble a timid old-lady-sitting waif from the 1930's. But not in that sexy Louise Brooks way. That's okay, I'm going with it.

Anyway, I had meant to dye my hair bright red as well, but talked myself out of it when I realized that the shade I bought was in fact not 'Spotlight Red' but 'Stoplight Red.' I find this a very unnerving name for a hair color, don't you? Anyway, red seems a less appealing choice for my new short locks than it did for the unruly mane of yesteryear. Maybe I'll go dark instead. Regardless, I'm leaving it alone until after I've gone to visit Tommy, because I haven't seen him since August and I'd hate to startle the poor boy into a heart attack in the event of any hair dye mishaps.

And God knows there'll be mishaps.

Update: This blog posting was interrupted by news from Nathan that we will not, in fact, be visiting Tommy this weekend, as it is apparently not a good time for him. I'm not sure what the lesson is in all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home