Bless you, readers. Bleaders.

Monday, April 26, 2004

"I'm fucking dying here! I'm fucking dying!"
I just saw Reservoir Dogs for the first time ever on Friday. It was intense. I don't think I was supposed to like it - I think I'm supposed to complain about how Tarantino steals from other filmmakers, and how his whiny, self-indulgent tone pervades his films and renders seriously-intended scenes laughable - but I was totally impressed despite myself. So maybe I don't have good taste in film like I thought. But I've got to have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who lists Manos as one of his favorite films. Anyway, it's the only time I can remember my stomach actually lurching at a movie. Not because of gore - just because of really emotive acting. Tim Roth, I salute you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home