Bless you, readers. Bleaders.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Summer time and the livin' is easy

Okay, so it's not quite summer yet, and the livin' isn't quite as easy as I'd like it, but singing that song does make me feel a little better. I'm avoiding my French final, so here's an old Friday Five (I wish I'd done this back before it ended):


    What was...

  • ...your first grade teacher's name? Mrs. Gross. No kidding. We weren't mean to her, though. I don't think it had occurred to us yet that you could be mean to grownups.

  • ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? Belle and Sebastian sticks in my memory. Was that even a Saturday morning cartoon or did it just come on all the time? Also The Little Prince. Which later became my favorite book. I realize the cartoon must have been terrible, but I did love it.

  • ...the name of your very first best friend? Sarah Burr. We went our separate ways after kindergarten. Later I discovered we ended up at the same middle school. I thought about tracking her down, but had very little confidence in the 8th grade and decided it would be better to just let it go.

  • ...your favorite breakfast cereal? Frosted Shredded Wheat. Oh man. That's some good stuff. As far as hot cereal is concerned, my favorite was Ralston. I can't believe it has a website. I'm ordering some right now.

  • ...your favorite thing to do after school? I had a friend name Charlotte and I remember going to her house very frequently. We would play Super Mario Bros. and pretend to be Ninja Turtles. Actually, I played all the turtles. She always got to be April.

So there's some information about my childhood, in case anyone wants it. It's weird to remember that I don't know anyone now who knew me then. Except for my parents. Although even that is debatable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home